About Wheatley Group
We’re part of Wheatley Group – Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management group. Wheatley provides homes and services to over 200,000 people in 17 local authority areas across Central Scotland.
More about Wheatley Group
Wheatley Group is named after John Wheatley, the Glasgow MP who became known as the father of social housing.
All parts of the Group are firmly rooted in their local communities. However, by joining forces, our partner organisations are delivering much more for their customers than they could on their own.
And, by using our combined size and scale, we are contributing to improving housing, care and regeneration at a national level.
The value of Wheatley
Being part of Wheatley Group means we can provide extra value to communities and the people we work for.
We have extensive experience of working with housing providers and understand the importance of people feeling safe in their homes and the types of support they might need to stay in their home and be part of their community.
The Wheatley Pledge incentivises Wheatley’s contractors and suppliers to do more for communities by creating jobs and training places for local people or by carrying out voluntary projects.
The people we work for are able to benefit from these opportunities.
We can also access a range of wraparound services that Wheatley provides including environmental services, furniture packages and the Eat Well initiative.
Sharing resource and expertise as part of Wheatley also allows us to be much more innovative than we could be on our own.
Our unique W.E. Care approach was developed in partnership with the people we work for and colleagues from across Wheatley.
This model places individuals as leaders in their care delivery and uses a range of innovative products to support individuals.
These include volunteering, technology-enabled care and creating personalised adaptations to individuals homes.
Which organisations make up Wheatley Group?
- GHA - Scotland’s largest social landlord, with 40,000 affordable homes in Glasgow;
- Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership - which joined the Group in December 2019 and has 10,000 homes;
- Dunedin Canmore - owning and managing 5500 homes in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife;
- Cube Housing Association - with more than 3500 homes across the West of Scotland;
- Loretto Housing - with 1300 affordable homes in the central belt;
- West Lothian Housing Partnership - with around 400 affordable homes;
- Barony Housing Association - which has more than 360 social-rented homes and provides care and support to around 700 people in Central Scotland;
- Loretto Care - which provides care and support to around 3000 people every week across Scotland;
- YourPlace Property Management - Scotland's “Feel Good Factor”, serving over 32,000 customers customers across the country;
- Lowther Homes - which owns and manages a growing portfolio of over 1600 mid and full-market apartments;
- Wheatley Solutions - where 500 staff provide support services to the Group subsidiaries;
- Wheatley Foundation - which invests over £5 million annually supporting disadvantaged and vulnerable people in Wheatley’s communities;
- and City Building (Glasgow) - jointly owned by Wheatley and Glasgow City Council, employing over 2000 employees and providing repairs and maintenance services to Wheatley homes in the west of Scotland.